Thursday, July 26, 2007

Final days

It has been a hectic month, this July, to say the least. But over the next few days, things are going to calm down. Today is my last day at work, and I am extremely proud that I have gotten through it without even shedding as much as a single tear. How afraid I was of this day to come! For weeks and weeks on end, the mere thought of leaving my work and these great people behind brought me to the brink of tears. And all of a sudden it is behind me, just like that. Tomorrow we are having a farewell party at Yair's preschool, on Shabbat everybody is invited over to our open house, and Sunday morning we will board the plane and take off to Germany to spend some time with my family before we move on. Finally, the time has come.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jeanne,
Sorry for missing your farewell party at the office... you are already being missed here!!

Sami.

Jeanne said...

Thanks, Sami. So sweet. I miss you guys too!