Sunday, September 30, 2007

Home

That's it. We have a home. After three months of co-sleeping, Yair moved smoothly back into his own bed, without so much as the blink of an eye. All boxes are unpacked, books and clutter returned to their familiar places, pictures found their spot on the walls. Friends enter the apartment, stop at the door, and remark enthusiastically that this is probably the nicest place in the Village. Am I proud? I am just happy to have my home back. After all, it was the right decision to ship everything over. It was worth the waiting (and the money).

Between Tuesday and Friday, I hardly allowed myself any rest. Shai went about his usual study business, Yair was ordered to keep himself busy with all the new old toys in his room, and I opened and unpacked box after box after box. And believe me, there were many. Well over a hundred. But when I am motivated and determined, I can be very effective. See for yourself (OK, I admit, Shai helped a bit with the pictures):

No comments: