Thursday, November 15, 2007

No news

on the job front. I'm still waiting. I guess telecommuting is not an option, so maybe this first opportunity passed me by. With a little bit of luck, I may get another interview shortly, but this time, I am not going to open my mouth again.

Meanwhile, time is passing by rather uneventful. Today's highlight: An information session on potty training at the Family Resource Center, conducted by an 80-year-old former nursery school teacher. She was lovely. So sweet. Conclusion: Don't train. Wait. I am relaxed, at least about this chapter.

Have I mentioned Yair's imaginary friends, Meshek, Kakas, and Yaram? He's talking to them all the time. In his room. Under the shower. "Why are you crying? What? Don't cry! Mommy will be here soon." It's hilarious.

Tonight our smoke detectors went off. That was hilarious too. It scared the wits out of Yair, who came running to me, screaming. I started counting but eventually called the number for emergency maintenance, and within an hour someone showed up and shut off the noise. Right in time for me to get settled in front of the television, for a chapter of Grey's Anatomy. Now that Yair falls asleep by himself (at times comforted by his indispensable Winnie-the-Pooh phone), this is an option.

No comments: