Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Catching up

Again time is running and I can't find the time to write. Even without a job, work is piling up on my desk and the list of errands to run is getting longer each day. Sometimes I'm rushing around all day long, without even sitting down for a cup of coffee. This way, I passed my written driving exam yesterday with excellence. Now I have another three weeks to go until the behind-the-wheel road test. I'm quite optimistic I'll pass that one, too. It's my third driving test, after all. Germany. Israel. United States. I am convinced though that this is going to be my last one.

Meanwhile, Yair's English is catching up. "What's your name? What's your name?" he kept asking me today. "What does that mean?" I asked back. He didn't seem to know. The other day at lunch, he asked me: "You want to eat?" This time, he knew the meaning. According to Elaine, his class's head teacher, he already understands quite a lot.

Besides, I am suspecting he has fallen in love for the first time. He is in denial, but he keeps talking about Rachel, with a real American accent. "Ima, you are Rachel!" he tells me, sometimes the first thing in the morning. Rachel is a sweet little girl with special charm. Her mother is from Cambodia.

Oh, and Yair has started to skip his lunch-time nap. It's on and off. If he falls asleep in the car on the way back home from school -- fine. Otherwise, there's no way I can get him to nap at home. I don't really mind because that way, he's sound asleep by 7:45 at night. Like today. That's why I'm off now to enjoy my evening.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Once it becomes routine, that Yair goes to sleep early, if Shai is out, you'll suddenly find you have some (hush...) peace and quiet. Time for yourself. Amazing. You can't run errands at night. you'll just have to relax. Enjoy.