Friday, October 26, 2007

For all those poor people

out there who are wasting hours to get the abc player and Fox on Demand player (both based on move networks software) run properly in Firefox on Windows Vista: The problem is that the player is not compatible with Firefox 2.0.0.8 for Vista. Here's the solution (so simple, really!):
  1. Browse to your \Program Files\Mozilla Firefox folder.
  2. Right-click the file firefox.exe and select Properties.
  3. In the Properties window, on the Compatibility tab, select the Run this program in compatibility mode for check box, and then select Windows XP (Service Pack 2) from the list.
  4. Click OK and restart Firefox.
Oh, and don't forget to pause Internet security protection at least for the time the data is loading. It works like a dream.

Now that I wasted a whole day on solving this issue (as if I didn't have anything else to do), I can retreat to the realm of dreams. I guess that's the technical writer in me. I should really go look for a job.

No comments: