Saturday, October 6, 2007

Perfect day

Time is passing by quickly now. How could I ever think I would get bored within a few weeks' time (those of you who told me I wouldn't, you were so right!)?

Autumn is here, and the nights are getting chilly. The mornings, too. The trees, though not as pretty as in New England or Germany at this time of the year, are slowly changing their color.

Today, Shai took a break from school, books, and studying, and we left early, heading north for wine tastings in Napa Valley.
Spotless blue sky.
Beautiful scenery.
Delicious wine.
Sweet laughter.
Nothing to add but pictures.



When Yair fell asleep by himself at night, waiving me good-bye when I left his room, after a few rounds of tight hugs and wet kisses, it was the perfect ending of a perfect day. No more impatiently lying or sitting beside him waiting for him to fall asleep. An unexpected but much hoped for present: I've got my nights back without trading in closeness and confidence. Thank you!

As a treat, here's last week's favorite picture, taken in Fairyland, Oakland.

No comments: