Thursday, October 18, 2007

Something to write about

This post is dedicated to those of you who complain that posting only once a week is unacceptable. From now on, I'll do my best to stop by once a day. But I can't promise. Tomorrow, for example, we're driving down to Yosemite for the weekend, so don't expect anything until, most probably, Monday. But then at least I'll have something to write about.

Yair dropped another English line today: "Wash your hands!" He usually connects phrases with specific situations at school. When I ask him "What does 'wash your hands' mean?", he wouldn't know. But when I inquire about when Elaine/Nicole/Lilly uses this sentence, he responds: "When we need to wash our hands." Curious, how the brain works. I'm completely fascinated by the way kids acquire languages.

1 comment:

Nina said...

Enjoy Yosemite. Hope you will manage to do a hike up Vernal Falls.
Fall is nice there, but you must come back in spring when the waterfalls are actually there.
BTW, it has been my favorite place in California, used to go climbing there.
Nina