Thursday, October 11, 2007

Surprise

in my mail box. Unsuspecting, I open the inconspicuous, white envelope addressed to me. Probably they need more documents. Proof of expenses. Maybe an appointment for fingerprinting, like my French friend received.

Then my fingers feel a thin, rectangular card the size of a credit card. I hold my breath. It can't be, impossible. Only a month has passed since I sent in the application! Now impatient, I unfold the single sheet of paper -- and there it is: my work authorization!

Happy as I am, now I no longer have any excuses to stay at home. Or have I?

Over the last few weeks, I have already sent out a few applications. I have even gotten in touch with a friend of the father of one of the kids at Yair's school, who is a technical writer and willing to get me in touch with people who may be able to help me track down some work. But now I should gear up and get more serious about finding a job. I should. I will.

At my own pace.

No comments: