Friday, August 3, 2007

All about the weather

It is cold. It is grey. It is rainy. And the worst: with the exception of one day, it has been like this ever since we arrived on Sunday. I knew, I knew there was another reason for moving to Israel in the first place, besides love. I actually thought I had overcome the need to talk about the weather all day long, every single day. But here, everything is back to as it used to be. Well. The forecast promises lots of sun for the weekend, so I am keeping up my hopes.

Shai boarded his plane yesterday morning. Don't ask how we ever got to the airport because I don't know. The hours before were a complete mess. So I will skip this part of the story and only tell that he arrived OK although they left Düsseldorf with an hour delay so that he missed his connecting flight in Las Vegas. He was booked on another flight and reached San Francisco about six hours late. Mickey picked him up, and right now they are both hopefully getting some rest.

As for me, I am about to take the little man to the doctor again. He is still with a fever, shiny eyes, running nose. His condition is improving, but with the weekend coming up, I don't want to run a risk. No wonder really, is it, with the weather being as it is. And back we are... It is a loop really. Everything starts and ends with this sh... weather.

No comments: